রবিবার, ৪ আগস্ট, ২০১৩

Wrist pain when lifting - CrossFit Discussion Board

Long story short, I'm an IT 'professional' (last part open for discussion by those who know me ) and back in 2006 I had a bilateral carpal tunnel release, as well as a first dorsal tendon release on my left hand.

Pain-wise it absolutely worked; prior to the surgery the pain/numbness was so bad I couldn't hold the push-up position. This from a guy who could do 70+ pushups for the military APFT. Post-surgery I could do them.

However, when I do movements requiring my wrists to be at anything approaching a 90 degree angle (front squats, etc.), either I feel a bit of a 'tearing' sensation from my left hand, or the nerves/tendons/bones/etc. impinge to the point where I have to stop because it's painful.

I can, of course, do things to get around it - e.g., work on shoulder mobility (have had 3 shoulder surgeries) and by lifting my arms more, decrease the wrist angle. But some days it works...some it doesn't.

So...aside from more compound movements and the like, any suggestions?

Source: http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=83476

avengers soa andy williams andy williams New Girl Avalanna Gigi Chao

0টি মন্তব্য:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন

এতে সদস্যতা মন্তব্যগুলি পোস্ট করুন [Atom]

<< হোম